This article will give you a basic overview of the NextBroker app. The navigation bar on the left contains several tabs: Home, Fast Access, Files, Reports, Directory, and Support. Let’s explore these tabs one by one.
The Home page is the first page that you see when you log in to the app. You can use it as a starting point to manage your prospects and clients. First, let’s explore the basic components of the Home page.
Company Name and Settings
In the upper-left corner of the Home page, you can see the name of your company. In the upper-right corner, you can see notifications and a menu where you can set up your account and profile.
Filters and Search
Under the company name, you can find the basic filtering options with which you can sort the list according to the following criteria:
- Sales Status: View only prospect or only client records.
- Market Segment: View the prospect and/or client records only as individuals, small groups, or large groups.
Next to the basic filtering options, there is a search box where you can query specific prospects or clients.
Finally, below the basic filtering options you can find the Quick Filters drop-down, which opens an advanced filter. In this advanced filter, you can narrow down your prospect or client records by specific criteria that are broken down into several groups: General, Details, Benefits, and Custom.
Importing Prospect and Client Records
To save time on adding each prospect or client record manually, you can bulk import an Excel spreadsheet with the prospect or client records. To do it, click the Import button next to the search box and follow the instructions on the Bulk Import Client/Prospect page that opens.
Adding Prospect and Client Records Manually
If you would like to add a small number of prospects and/or clients, you can do it manually. To do it, click the New button next to the Import button and fill in the necessary data.
Prospect and Client Records Table
The prospect and client records table is the main element of the NextBroker Home page. You can do the following actions within this table:
- Export the records from the list to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Select the number of records to be shown on a page.
- Quickly manage one, several or all prospects and/or clients: convert prospects to clients and vice versa; archive prospect or client records; assign teams, representatives, or permissions to prospects or clients; change the statuses of prospects or clients. To access these options, select the checkbox in the leftmost cell of the table for a record that you want to change. You can also select several records or even all records by using the same checkbox in the table header area.
Now let’s take a look at the table columns.
- Status. NextBroker offers several groups of statuses that are different for prospects and clients. For a prospect, the statuses display a sales pipeline that is needed to convert a prospect to a client. For a client, the statuses only show renewals and can help you quickly identify clients who are having service issues. For your convenience, the statuses are marked with colors. Just click the status to view other available statuses and change it, if necessary.
- Created. Date on which the record was created.
- Name. Name of an individual or a company, followed by short information regarding the sales status and market segment.
- Count. Number of employees in case of a company.
- Broker. Name of a broker who is responsible for the record, which can be changed.
- Team. Names of other representatives who are responsible for the record. You can assign as many team leads and reps as you need.
- Effective Date. Date when the contract with the prospect or client is supposed to become active.
- Renewal Date. Date when the contract with the prospect or client is supposed to be renewed.
- Follow Up. Follow-up date for the contract, if necessary.
- Last Note. Recent note that was made in the profile or the prospect or client.
The last cell of the prospect and client records table has the following options:
- Details. Opens the prospect or client record and gives an in-depth overview of the prospect’s or client’s details. Here you can also edit these details.
- Sales. Opens the Sales tab of the prospect or client record, where you can send or request quotes, add and send proposals, and create enrollment kits.
- Files. Opens the Files tab of the prospect or client record, which contains files that are relevant to the prospect or client.
- Archive. Opens a dialog asking if you want to archive the current prospect or client record. As a result, the record will no longer be show in the table.
- Employees. Opens the Employees tab of the prospect or client record, which contains the details of employees that are relevant to the prospect or client.
- Convert. Opens a dialog asking if you want to convert the current prospect to a client, or vice versa.
The Fast Access tab gives you quick access to sales and administrative tools. Here you can do the following:
- View your proposals and enrollment kits.
- Set up and edit your account.
- View and edit agency contacts.
- View the carriers library and add new carriers.
- View and edit authorized users in the agency.
- View vendors and add new vendors.
- View your current support staff and hire new support staff.
- View and add teams and team members.
- Exchange emails within the NextMail system.
- View and add general agents.
The Files page contains all uploaded files and documents that are relevant to your agency. Here you can also add new files and organize them into folders.
The Reports page contains all reports that have ever been created by your agency employees. Here you can also create new reports for:
- Enrollment kits
- Sales team
- Agency contacts
- Client/prospect contacts
- Commissions: general, unpaid, and for sub-agents
The Directory page contains a list with records of all agency brokers and their details.
If you have any questions or requirements regarding NextBroker, click the Support tab. The contact form will pop up, where you can enter your question and leave your contacts for us to answer as soon as possible.