This article will give you a basic overview of the NextBroker app. The top navigation bar contains several tabs: Dashboard, Library, Reports, Fast Access, Directory, and Timeline. Let’s explore these tabs one by one.
The Dashboard is the first page that you see when you log in to the app. You can use it as a starting point to manage your prospects and clients. First, let’s explore the basic components of the Dashboard.
Company Name and Settings
In the upper-right corner of the Dashboard, you can see the name of your company, a menu where you can set up your account and profile, and notifications.
Filters and Search
Under the navigation bar, you can find the basic filtering options with which you can sort the list according to the following criteria:
- Sales Status: View only prospect or only client records.
- Market Segment: View the prospect and/or client records only as individuals, small groups, or large groups.
Next to the basic filtering options, there is a search box where you can query specific prospects or clients.
Below the basic filtering options you can find the Quick Filters drop-down, which opens an advanced filter. In this advanced filter, you can narrow down your prospect or client records by specific criteria that are divided into several groups: General, Details, Benefits, Leads, and Custom.
You can save those filters for later use by clicking Save Filter and then access them by clicking Open Saved Filters.
Finally, NextBroker automatically saves your sort settings for later use. For example, you can sort your leads by effective date and set the display of 25 leads per page. Then, when you leave the leads page and return there again, the leads will be still sorted by effective date, with 25 records per page.
Importing Prospect and Client Records
To save time on adding each prospect or client record manually, you can bulk import an Excel spreadsheet with the prospect or client records. To do it, click the Import button next to the search box and follow the instructions on the Bulk Import Client/Prospect page that opens.
Adding Prospect and Client Records Manually
If you would like to add a small number of prospects and/or clients, you can do it manually. To do it, click the New button next to the Import button and fill in the necessary data.
Prospect and Client Records Table
The prospect and client records table is the key element of the NextBroker Dashboard. You can do the following actions within this table:
- Export the records from the list to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Reset the sort settings to default ones.
- Select the number of records to be shown on a page.
- Quickly manage one, several or all prospects and/or clients: convert prospects to clients and vice versa; archive prospect or client records; assign teams, representatives, permissions, lead sources, confidences, brokers, tags, or workflows to prospects or clients; change the statuses (stages) of prospects or clients; update the renewal date. To access these options, select the checkbox in the leftmost cell of the table for a record that you want to change. You can also select several records or even all records by using the same checkbox in the table header area.
Now let’s take a look at the table columns.
- Stage. NextBroker offers several groups of statuses (stages) that are different for prospects and clients. For a prospect, the stages display a sales pipeline that is needed to convert a prospect to a client. For a client, the stages show the selling and renewal statuses and can help you quickly identify clients who are having service issues. For your convenience, the stages are marked with colors. Just click the stage to view other available stages and change it, if necessary.
- Created. Date on which the record was created.
- Name. Name of an individual or a company, followe by short information regarding the sales status and market segment.
- Broker. Name of a broker who is responsible for the record, which can be changed.
- Team. Names of other representatives who are responsible for the record. You can assign as many team leads and reps as you need.
- Effective Date. Date when the contract with the prospect or client is supposed to become active.
- Renewal Date. Date when the contract with the prospect or client is supposed to be renewed.
- Reminder. Follow-up date for the contract, if necessary.
- Last Note. Recent note that was made in the profile or the prospect or client.
The last cell of the prospect and client records table has the following options:
- Details. Opens the prospect or client record and gives an in-depth overview of the prospect’s or client’s details. Here you can also edit these details.
- Sales. Opens the Sales tab of the prospect or client record, where you can send or request quotes, add and send proposals, and create enrollment kits.
- Files. Opens the Files tab of the prospect or client record, which contains files that are relevant to the prospect or client.
- Tasks. Opens the Tasks tab of the prospect or client record, which contains files that are relevant to the prospect or client.
- Notes. Opens the Notes tab of the prospect or client record, which contains files that are relevant to the prospect or client.
- Archive. Opens a dialog asking if you want to archive the current prospect or client record. As a result, the record will no longer be show in the table.
- Employees. Opens the Employees tab of the prospect or client record, which contains the details of employees that are relevant to the prospect or client.
- Convert. Opens a dialog asking if you want to convert the current prospect to a client, or vice versa.
The File Library page contains all uploaded files and documents that are relevant to your agency. Here you can also add new files, organize them into folders, and create shareable links for files and folders.
The Reports page contains all reports that have ever been created by your agency employees. Here you can also create new reports for:
- Sales team
- Commissions: general, unpaid, and for sub-agents
- Customer service
The Fast Access tab gives you quick access to sales and administrative tools. Here you can do the following:
- Set up and edit your account.
- View and edit agency contacts.
- View the carriers library and add new carriers.
- View and edit agency commissions.
- View and edit enrollments.
- View and add general agents.
View and add agency managers and their associated brokers.
View and add trusted brokers and support representatives to your NextAgency account.
Exchange emails within the NextMail system.
View and edit your proposals.
- View your current support staff and hire new support staff.
- View and add teams and team members.
View incoming leads and add them to CRM.
- View and add vendors.
The Directory page contains a list with records of all agency brokers and their details.
The Timeline page contains all tasks and notes that you have created for your prospects and clients, with an opportunity to sort them by time when they are due and add specific filters. It is also possible to export and add new tasks and notes.