The Benefits page gives an overview of insurance benefits that are available for company employees. They are broken down into Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Care. For the admin role, each tab contains information about respective insurance carriers and relevant plans. For each carrier, admins can add documents and contact persons as well as open the provider directory and carrier portal.
As an admin, you can also assign a benefit to one or several employees.
As a result, the benefit will be visible to that employee or those employees at the corresponding tab of the Benefits page.
Admins can also update and delete the benefits records.
To add a new benefit, click Add Benefit and fill in the following data:
- Select Product Type: Choose one of the 5 most popular benefit types - Health, Dental, Vision, Life, or Long-Term Care. You can also add a custom benefit by choosing Other. Please note that the arrangement of the Add New Benefit form fields will change depending on your choice in the Select Product Type drop-down list.
- Select Carrier: Choose the insurance provider that is relevant to the new benefit.
- Plan Name: Enter the name of the benefit.
- Other Carrier Name: Enter an additional name for the relevant insurance provider, if applicable.
- State: Select the code of the state that is relevant for the benefit.
- Other Product Type (available only when you select Other under Select Product Type): Enter the name of the custom product type.
- Set Employer Contribution % or $ for Employee: Enter either percentage or amount of insurance payment that will be covered by the employer for the employee.
- Set Employer Contribution % or $ for Dependents: Enter either percentage or amount of insurance payment that will be covered by the employer for the employee’s family members.
- Select Plan Type (available only for the Health, Dental, and Vision product types): Choose the type of the insurance plan.
- Select Metal Level (available only for the Health and Dental product types): Choose between the Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum levels for the benefit.
- Policy Number: Enter the number of the relevant insurance policy.
- Group ID Number: Enter the relevant group ID number.
- Out Of Pocket Limit $ (available only for the Health, Dental, and Vision product types): Enter the maximum amount of employee’s own money that they will have to pay for medical expenses during the year before the company starts covering them.
- Deductible $ (available only for the Health, Dental, and Vision product types): Enter the maximum amount of employee’s own money that they will have to pay for medical expenses before the company starts covering them.
- Total Monthly Premium $: Enter the total monthly fee amount that should be paid to an insurance company.
- Total Annual Premium $: Enter the total annual fee amount that should be paid to an insurance company.
- Provider Directory Search Link: Enter a URL by which the insurance provider can be found in the directory.
- Carrier Portal Link: Enter a carrier portal URL.
- Renewal Date: Date on which the benefit has to be renewed.
- Effective Date: Date on which the benefit becomes active.
- Attachments: Upload files that are relevant to the benefit.
- Contacts: Add contact persons who are relevant to the benefit by clicking the Add Contact link.
When ready, click Save. The benefit will be added to the corresponding tab.