NextBroker gives you access to a product type library where you can associate product types with carriers as well as create and edit your own product types. To manage product types, follow these steps:
- In the upper-right corner of any NextBroker page, click your profile icon and choose Settings.
- On the Settings page that opens, click Agency Settings.
- Under Product Type, click Manage Product Types.
On the page that opens, you can see a list of system product types and custom product types. You can edit only the custom product types, i.e. those that you created yourself. To create a new product type, click Add Product Type in the upper-right corner of the page. In the dialog that pops up, enter the name of the product type and click Save.
To assign product types to carriers, follow these steps:
- In the menu bar, click Fast Access > Carriers.
- In the carriers library that opens, click the name of the carrier record to which you are going to assign product types, Arcadia Insurance in our example.
- In the upper-right corner of the carrier record page that opens, click Edit Carrier.
- On the Basic Information tab of the Edit Carrier page that opens, under Product Type(s) click Assign Product Type.
- In the dialog that pops up, select the relevant product type, e.g. Property & Casualty, and click Add.
- At the bottom of the carrier record page, click Publish Live to save the changes and make them visible to authorized brokers.
As a result, when adding benefits to a case and selecting the carrier that has some product types assigned, Arcadia Insurance in our example, you will see that these associated product types are highlighted in the drop-down list, including the one that we used in our example - Property & Casualty.
You can also associate a plan with the assigned product type, let's call it Arcadia1000 for our example.
As a result, the plan will be visible on the carrier record page, and it will be associated with the product type, Property & Casualty in our case.