This article will give you a basic overview of the NextBroker app. The navigation sidebar contains several tabs: Home Page/Dashboard, Library, Reports, NextMail, Fast Access, Most Recent, Directory, Tickets, and Timeline. Let’s explore these tabs one by one.
The Dashboard is the first page that you see when you log in to the app. You can use it as a starting point to manage your case records. First, let’s explore the basic components of the Dashboard.
Company Name and Settings
In the upper-left corner of the Dashboard, you can see the name of your company. Next to it are notifications, a search bar, and a menu where you can set up your account and profile.
Filters, Search, Import, New Case
In the next panel below, you can find the basic filtering options with which you can sort the list according to the following criteria:
- Sales Status: Filter the list to view only the Prospect, Client, Ex-Prospect, Ex-Client, Fallen Off, and Ex-Medicare records. You can also Select All records.
- Market Segment: View the prospect and/or client records only as individuals, small groups, or large groups.
Next to the basic filtering options, there is a search box where you can query specific case records on the Dashboard.
Next to the basic filtering options you can find the Quick Filters panel, which opens an advanced filter. In this advanced filter, you can narrow down your case records by specific criteria that are divided into several groups: General, Details, Benefits, Leads, Custom, and Shared Cases.
You can save those filters for later use by clicking Save Filter and then access them by clicking Open Saved Filters.
Next to the filters, there's the import menu and the New button that allows you to create a new case record. For more information on importing and adding new case records, see NextBroker: Adding, Editing, and Deleting New Prospects/Clients.
NextBroker dashboard has two views: case view and policy view. You can easily switch between the two views. The policy view allows you to view the carrier name, plan name, product type, plan type, and policy number.
NextBroker automatically saves your sort settings for later use. For example, you can sort your leads by effective date and set the display of 25 leads per page. Then, when you leave the leads page and return there again, the leads will be still sorted by effective date, with 25 records per page.
Importing Prospect and Client Records
To save time on adding each case record manually, you can bulk import an Excel spreadsheet with the case records. To do it, click the Import button next to the search box and follow the instructions on the Bulk Import Client/Prospect page that opens.
Adding Prospect and Client Records Manually
If you would like to add a small number of case records, you can do it manually. To do it, click the New button next to the Import button and fill in the necessary data.
Prospect and Client Records Table
The prospect and client records table is the key element of the NextBroker Dashboard. Let’s take a look at the table columns.
- Stage. NextBroker offers several groups of sales statuses (stages) that are different for prospects and clients. For a prospect, the stages display a sales pipeline that is needed to convert a prospect to a client. For a client, the stages show the selling and renewal statuses and can help you quickly identify clients who are having service issues. For your convenience, the stages are marked with colors. Just click the stage to view other available stages and change it, if necessary.
- Created. Date on which the record was created.
- Name. Name of an individual or a company, followed by short information regarding the sales status and market segment.
- Broker. Name of a broker who is responsible for the record, which can be changed.
- Team. Names of other representatives who are responsible for the record. You can assign as many team leads and reps as you need.
- Effective Date. Date when the contract with the prospect or client is supposed to become active.
- Renewal Date. Date when the contract with the prospect or client is supposed to be renewed.
- Last Note. Recent note that was made in the profile of the prospect or client.
The last cell of the prospect and client records table has the following options:
- Details. Opens the case record and gives an in-depth overview of the prospect’s or client’s details. Here you can also edit these details.
- Notes. Opens the Notes tab of the case record, which contains files that are relevant to the case.
- Tasks. Opens the Tasks tab of the case record, which contains files that are relevant to the case.
- Sales. Opens the Sales tab of the case record, where you can send or request quotes, add and send proposals, and create enrollment kits.
- Archive. Opens a dialog asking if you want to archive the current case record. As a result, the record will no longer be show in the table.
- Share. Opens a dialog that you can use to share the case with other agencies.
- Benefits. Opens the Benefits tab of the case record, which contains insurance benefits that are relevant to the case.
- Files. Opens the Files tab of the case record, which contains files that are relevant to the case.
- Employees. Opens the Files tab of the case record, which contains the records of employees that are relevant to the case.
- Convert. Opens a dialog asking if you want to change the sales status of the case.
- Assign Tag. Opens a dialog that you can use to assign tags to the case.
The File Library page contains all uploaded files and documents that are relevant to your agency. Here you can also add new files, organize them into folders, and create shareable links for files and folders.
The Reports page contains all reports that have ever been created by your agency employees. Here you can also create new reports for:
- Sales team
- Commissions: general, unpaid, and for sub-agents
- Customer service
The NextMail page gives you access to NextBroker's internal mailing system. For more information, see NextBroker: NextMail.
The Fast Access tab gives you quick access to sales and administrative tools. Here you can do the following:
- View and edit agency contacts.
- View the carriers library and add new carriers.
- View and add general agents.
- View incoming leads and add them to CRM.
- Set up your account.
- View and add users.
- View and add vendors.
The Most Recent page contains the latest cases that you have accessed, divided into Individual and Groups.
The Directory page contains a list with records of all agency brokers and their details.
The Tickets page contains all tickets that you have created for your cases, with an opportunity to filter, create, view, export, archive, add attachments, edit, and delete the tickets.
The Timeline page contains all tasks, tickets, and notes that you have created for your cases, with an opportunity to view, export, archive, add attachments, edit, and delete the tickets. and add specific filters. It is also possible to add specific filters, sort the records to view only their specific types as well as export and add new tasks and tickets.