The Commissions page presents commission records that are associated with a case.
You can view the carrier card by clicking its name in the list. If you need to delete a record, click Delete in the far-right column.
Here you can also set up the commission splits with other agents whether they are part of your agency or independent. To set up commission splits, go to the Split subtab and click Manage Split Settings.
In the Manage Split Settings window, fill in the following information:
- Select sub-agents: Choose the sub-agent with whom you are going to split the commission.
- Schedule: You can select the saved schedules from this menu.
- Coverage Type: Choose the type of coverage on which commissions will be split.
- Carrier: Choose all the Carriers that you want to apply this split for.
- Commission Rate Type: Specify the type of the commission rate to be shared with the sub-agent - percentage, per employee per month, or flat amount.
- Commission Split: Enter the corresponding percentage or amount that will be shared with the sub-agent.
- Effective Date: Choose the date on which the split commission becomes effective.
- End Date: Choose the end date for the split commission. This is especially useful if the commission split changes over time. You should create a separate commission split for each time period. If you leave this field blank the commission split will continue indefinitely.
- Compensation: Select the form(s) of compensation for the split - commissions, overrides, and/or bonuses.
- Comment: You can add Comments on this split here.
When ready, click Save. The split commission record is added to the list.
It is also possible to edit the split record.
The Commission tab provides only an overview of your commissions. For more in-depth information, NextAgency contains several reports to help you analyze commissions, create sub-agent commission statements, find missing commissions, and much more.