The Vendors page contains a directory of insurance vendors that your company is working with. You can sort the vendors list to view only active or only archived vendors, edit the existing vendors, and create new vendors.
To record information about a new vendor, click Add a New Vendor and fill in the following data:
- General Information: Information such as a short name of the vendor company, category where the vendor belongs, account number, and any additional data. Here you can also create a custom category for the vendor or remove the existing categories by clicking the Edit/Remove Category link.
- Submission Information. Contact data where you should submit your insurance quotes, including email, fax, physical address, and vendor portal URL.
- Vendor Contacts. Contact persons of the vendor, including their names, addresses, phone numbers, and emails. Here you can also choose the type of the contact, i.e. their responsibility area, or assign the contact as a primary one. To add more contacts, click the Add Contact link.
- Vendor Documents and Links. Here you can attach the documents and specify the links that are relevant to the vendor.
- Vendor Note. Add notes and comments about the vendor, if necessary.
When ready, click Save. The vendor record will appear at the bottom of the list.
To edit a vendor record, first click the vendor name in the list. You will see an overview of vendor information organized into tabs. In the upper-right corner of the page, click Edit.
It is also possible to generate Excel reports on a specific vendor. As an example, let’s create a bi-monthly employee compensation report for the payroll vendor named ADP.
- On the Vendors tab, click the name of the vendor.
- Go to the Vendor Reports tab.
- Click the Create button.
- Select the employees for which you are going to generate the report. Deselect the All checkbox if you want to select a small number of employees.
- Select the employee information that you are going to include in the report.
- Select the company-related information that you are going to include in the report.
When you are ready with the settings, you have the following options:
- Send the report directly to the vendor as an email attachment.
- Save the report as a template for future use.
- Export the report to an Excel file.
You can also download one of the existing reports as an Excel file by clicking Run Report.