Different goals require different solutions, and each solution comes with trade-offs. NextMail effectively reflects within NextAgency what is in your email client, automatically routing emails to and from contacts directly to their respective NextAgency case records. However, deleting an email in your client also removes it from NextAgency.
The NextAgency Email Add-In for Outlook is a powerful solution that permanently attaches emails to case records, ensuring they remain associated, regardless of your actions in Outlook.
Differences between NextMail and NextAgency Email Add-in for Outlook:
NextMail differs from the NextAgency Email Add-in for Outlook in the way they handle email synchronization, how they display these emails within case records, and what email clients they work with.
With NextMail, your emails are seamlessly synchronized with your E-mail provider and are displayed on both the NextMail master page and are automatically routed to the appropriate NextMail tab of case records. Changes in your email client are reflected in NextAgency; changes in NextMail are reflected in your email client. This means when an email is deleted from your email client, the email is removed from NextAgency as well.
The NextAgency Email Add-in for Outlook does not automatically sync with NextAgency nor are they routed to the correct cases record. Instead, it empowers you to associate just those emails you want to case records quickly and conveniently. These attached emails will then appear under the dedicated new 'Emails' tab within case records. They will remain there until you choose to remove them, even if you delete the emails from your Outlook account.
Another difference: NextMail works with almost every email client that supports the IMAP protocol including, but not limited to, Outlook and Gmail. The NextAgency Email Add-in for Outlook, as its name suggests, works only with Microsoft Outlook. (An add-in for Gmail is coming soon).
How to set up the NextAgency Outlook Add-in
Using the Outlook Desktop Application
1. Log in to your Outlook account with the same email address you use for logging in to NextAgency.
2. Click on 'Get Add-ins' (if you don't see it, you may need to add it to your ribbon). In the Add-ins search bar, enter 'NextAgency' to find our tool. Once you locate it, simply click on the 'Add' button to install the NextAgency Outlook Add-in.
3. After successfully adding the NextAgency Outlook Add-in, click on 'Display all Properties'. This action will enable you to log in to your NextAgency account.
Using the Outlook on Website
1. Log-on to Outlook on the web.
2. Click on the three dots located in the upper right of any email to open the options menu, then select 'Get Add-ins'. In the Add-ins search, enter 'NextAgency' to find the add-in, and lastly, click on 'Add' to incorporate the NextAgency Outlook Email Add-in into your web-based Outlook interface.
3. Click on the three dots menu again and choose 'NextAgency' to access and log in to your NextAgency account.
Now that you’ve set-up the NextAgency Email Add-in for Outlook, this article will show you how to use it.