If you're looking to add a new user to your NextAgency account, there are a few steps you need to follow first.
Firstly, you must ensure that your NextAgency license has enough seats available. To check this, go to Settings > Billing > Manage Seats. Here, you can increase the number of seats based on the number of users you want to add. Once you've made the necessary changes, be sure to click Save to update seats.
Once done, you can follow the below steps to add new users to your NextAgency account and ensure that everyone on your team has access to the tools they need.
To add new agency users in NextAgency, you should have Administrative Broker permissions, so this article is aimed at users who have such permissions within NextAgency.
- In the navigation bar, click Settings > Agency Settings > Users.
- In the upper-right corner of the Users page that opens, click Add an Authorized User.
- In the Add an Authorized User window that opens, you should fill in the user's name, email address, location, and role. The field arrangement in the window may change depending on the role.
- When ready, click Save. As a result, the user will get an invitation by email.
The following user roles are available:
- Administrative Broker. Administrative Brokers have broad authority concerning your agency’s business. They may view and manage all of your agency’s prospects and clients, including those of other brokers. Administrative Brokers may manage carrier profiles and enrollment kits. They have access to your agency’s billing information including your agency's license fees. If new users should not have these permissions, consider adding them as Writing Brokers or Support Staff.
- Writing Broker. Writing Brokers are permitted to view and make changes to their own prospects and clients and to appoint Support Staff to help them. They may manage carrier profiles and enrollment kits used by your agency. Only Administrative Brokers may appoint Writing Brokers. Administrative Brokers can customize the permissions for Writing Brokers within the same Add an Authorized User window.
- Broker Support. When you select this role, an additional field will appear, where you should specify the corresponding associate brokers/writing brokers. Support Staff is permitted to view and edit only the prospects and clients to which the Broker adds them as the user has access. If appointed by an Administrative Broker, they have access to all prospects and clients in your agency. If appointed by a Writing Broker, they have access only to that Writing Broker's prospects and clients. Administrative Brokers can customize the permissions for Support Staff within the same Add an Authorized User window.
- Agency Support. Support Staff are permitted to view and edit only the prospects and clients to which the Broker adding them as user has access. If appointed by an Administrative Broker, they have access to all prospects and clients in your agency. If appointed by a Writing Broker, they have access only to that Writing Broker's prospects and clients. Administrative Brokers can customize the permissions for Support Staff within the same Add an Authorized User window.
IMPORTANT: Before adding any broker as an authorized user, make sure that you can trust this person.
If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance.
On the Settings page, you can manage information that is relevant to your NextAgency account and access the most important functionalities of NextAgency with just a couple of clicks.
There are two ways to access the page:
- In the navigation bar, scroll to the bottom and click on Settings.
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your name, and then choose Settings.
The Settings page is divided into several subpages, so let's explore each one of them.
Access Requests: You can monitor all access requests made by our support team on this page. Access requests are initiated when the team needs to investigate or replicate an issue you've reported for documentation purposes or during the initial data import phase. After collecting the necessary information, the team will proceed with the required actions. You also have the option to terminate access on this page.
You can grant/terminate access by Clicking on Actions > Grant Access/Terminate Access.
If you cannot locate the 'Access Request' option within the Settings page, it may be because you have insufficient permissions. In such instances, administrators have the authority to grant or revoke access requests.
Managers: You have the capability to both add and view your managers on this page.
Preferences: The place where you can personalize your Personal and Agency preferences the way you like. Preferences has two tabs- Personal and Agency.
- This page lets you set your default Home page and Case tab that you want to be on.
- Auto-Save Timeline page filter: Once turned on, this will automatically save your Timeline filters based on your last filter.
- Auto-Save Cases/Policies page filter: Once turned on, this will automatically save your Cases/Policies page filters based on your last filter.
- Auto-Save Sub-Agent page filter: Once turned on, this will automatically save your Sub-Agent page filters based on your last filter.
- Automatically copy Dependent address information from Primary account address: Turning this on will ensure that the dependent’s address is automatically copied from the Primary account address.
- Need Emails tab in cases: To access your attached emails when using the Outlook add-on, you must enable this feature.
- Enable/Disable Notifications: You can customize the way you receive notifications for each item in NextAgency. You can also turn off all of them.
Here you can customize your agency-wide settings like Phone number format, Locking/Unlocking Agency Notes, Tasks and Tickets, Auto-Sign off settings, and Two-factor authentication settings which will be reflected to all the users in your Agency.
Profile: Manage your profile data, such as agency details, contact information, and locations.
Support Staff: All your support staff details can be found here.
Teams: This tab provides you with the ability to perform several actions. You can add teams, make edits to existing teams, and delete them. Additionally, there's a "Roles" tab where you can create new roles and assign them to users. Furthermore, you can edit and delete roles that already exist.
Users: This page allows you to manage your agency users by adding, editing, or deleting them. To add a new user, simply click on 'Add an authorized user.' You can also filter users by their roles for easier navigation.
Settings Directory: To help you find settings quickly, we present the attached directory. This PDF has three pages. The first sorts the settings alphabetically. The second page sorts the settings by where they were. The third by where they are now. You'll find this same option conveniently located at the bottom of every tab, ensuring easy access to the directory whenever you need it.
This page serves as your central hub for configuring various automations such as Checklists, Merge Templates,and Workflows. Here, you have the flexibility to add, customize, and tailor these automations to align perfectly with your agency's specific preferences and requirements. This empowers you to streamline and automate your processes effectively, enhancing overall efficiency and productivity.
On the billing tab, you can view your subscriptions, Add-ons, billing estimates, and billing details. You can also view the billing history, and NextText history from the menu on the left.
Within this section, you have the ability to access and manage your Carrier Credentials and Product Types. This includes the ability to view, add, and edit the existing information for these crucial elements of your operations. This centralized platform empowers you to maintain and update essential data efficiently and accurately, ensuring your processes run smoothly.
The Case Settings section is for configuring and fine-tuning various aspects of your case records. This includes settings related to contact roles, employee statuses, sales statuses, and stages. By utilizing these settings, you can customize and optimize the way your case records are managed, ensuring that they align seamlessly with your business processes and requirements. We will proceed to review each of them individually below.
Contact Roles: On this page, you have the capability to perform various actions related to contact roles. You can add new roles, view existing ones, make edits to their details, and, if necessary, delete specific roles. This functionality provides you with the flexibility to effectively manage and customize contact roles within your system.
Employee Statuses: This page provides you with the capability to add different types of employee statuses. You can add and manage all of these distinct statuses from here, making it convenient and efficient to manage all the statuses.
Sales Statuses: Although we offer "Client" and "Prospect" as default sales statuses, you can expand and tailor this list according to your specific business or agency requirements on this page.
Stages: On this page, you have the capability to add and modify stages for Case Records, Benefits, and Tasks/Tickets. You can create custom stages with names and styles that align with your preferences, which can then be applied to Cases, Benefits, or Tasks/Tickets as needed. To initiate the creation of the desired stage, simply switch to the respective section, whether it's Cases, Benefits, or Tasks/Tickets and click on 'Add Stage'.
This page serves as a comprehensive configuration hub, enabling you to fine-tune various essential settings. You can customize Contact Types and custom fields, and manage tags according to your specific needs and requirements. These configuration settings empower you to tailor your system to match the unique characteristics and attributes of your agency, ensuring a more efficient and personalized experience. We will now take a closer look at each of them, addressing them individually in the following sections.
Contact Types: You have the flexibility to tailor contact types to align with your specific requirements. To create a new contact type, click on 'Add Contact Type,' and you will be able to assign it to your preferred contacts. This customization ensures that your contact categorization meets your precise needs.
Custom Fields: NextAgency provides you with a default set of essential fields for Cases, Benefits, Contacts, Commissions, Sub Agents, Tasks/Tickets, and Notes. However, if you find the need to include additional fields, you can create custom fields with the entry type of your choice, such as custom text, date fields, drop-down menus, or percentage values. To initiate the creation of a new custom field, navigate to the relevant section and click on 'Add Custom Field.' This flexibility allows you to tailor your data collection to meet your specific agency needs.
Tags: Tags provide a powerful way to search and filter for specific information that you're seeking. They can serve as filters on the Cases/Policies and Contacts pages, as well as within Reports. Within your portal, you have the capability to create and assign tags to Cases, Contacts, and Sub Agents. This tagging system enhances your ability to organize and retrieve relevant data efficiently.
This is the central location where you can import all your agency information related to Cases, Contacts, Files, Plans, and Sub Agents. It serves as a comprehensive data import hub, streamlining the process of bringing in essential information and ensuring that your system is up-to-date and organized.
The Integrations section provides you with the capability to establish connections with other software applications seamlessly. Here, you can link various services, including your email provider (NextMail and NextCalendar), Lead widgets, Ease, NextText, APIs, Zapier, and Intulse accounts. This integration capability enhances your system's functionality by enabling data exchange and automation with external tools and platforms, making your workflow more efficient and productive.
NextMail/NextCalendar: You have the option to seamlessly incorporate your email system into NextAgency, allowing you to send and receive emails directly within the NextAgency platform. To initiate the setup process, simply click on 'Add Email Account.' This integration streamlines your email communication, making it more convenient and efficient to manage within NextAgency.
Lead Widget: You can generate a lead capturing widget by utilizing the code provided by NextAgency. This widget is a valuable tool that can be embedded into your website or other online platforms to capture and manage leads effectively. It enables seamless lead generation and integration with your NextAgency system, ensuring a smooth flow of prospective client information into your agency's workflow.
Ease: From this page, you can establish a connection and synchronize your Ease account with NextAgency. This synchronization ensures that all the information residing in your Ease account seamlessly integrates with NextAgency. This integration offers you the peace of mind that your data remains up-to-date and consistent across both platforms, streamlining your workflow and enhancing data accuracy and accessibility.
NextText: This feature allows you to purchase and utilize a phone number for both sending and receiving text messages within NextAgency. It proves to be exceptionally convenient when you need to send important updates or messages to your clients.
API(Application programming interface): You have the capability to seamlessly integrate third-party APIs directly from this page. This integration enables the exchange of data and functionalities between NextAgency and external software systems or platforms, expanding the capabilities and functionality of your NextAgency system. By connecting with APIs, you can enhance and extend the reach of your agency's operations, streamlining processes and accessing valuable resources from external sources.
Zapier: On this page, you will find the Zapier integration key, a crucial component required to enable Zapier Integrations. This integration key acts as the bridge between NextAgency and Zapier, allowing you to automate various tasks and data transfers between your NextAgency system and other applications or services supported by Zapier. It simplifies workflow automation and data synchronization, enhancing your overall efficiency and productivity.
Intulse: You can establish a connection between Intulse and NextAgency directly from this page. This integration with Intulse provides you with advanced telecommunications capabilities within NextAgency, facilitating seamless communication and information sharing. To access further information regarding the Intulse integration, please refer to this page.
Sales and Marketing Settings
Step into the Sales and Marketing Settings, your hub for shaping the success of your sales and marketing efforts. Here, you have the power to craft compelling email templates that resonate with your audience, orchestrate dynamic email campaigns for engagement, efficiently manage incoming leads, and leave a memorable mark with personalized email signatures. These settings are the key to optimizing your sales and marketing strategies, enabling you to forge meaningful connections, nurture leads, and project a professional image in every interaction.
Email Templates: Email Templates offer a valuable time-saving feature. By creating an email template, you can streamline your communication efforts. These templates can be utilized both for individual email correspondence and seamlessly integrated into your email campaigns. This efficiency not only saves you time but also ensures consistency and professionalism in your email communications.
Email Campaigns: This section allows you to easily add and manage your email campaigns. Additionally, you can access detailed statistics related to your email campaigns directly from this page. To initiate a new email campaign, just click on 'Add Email Campaign.' This streamlined approach simplifies the process of planning, executing, and analyzing the performance of your email campaigns, enhancing your email marketing effectiveness.
Incoming Lead: With this feature, you can effortlessly capture incoming leads originating from your website. These leads seamlessly integrate into NextAgency, and you can conveniently access them within this section. This streamlined process ensures that potential opportunities are efficiently managed and tracked, allowing you to stay responsive and capitalize on potential business prospects.
Signatures: Elevate your email communications in NextAgency by incorporating custom signatures. These personalized signatures add a professional touch to your emails, making your correspondence more polished and distinctive. Tailor your signature to reflect your identity and convey important contact information effortlessly.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. We are more than happy to help and provide any clarifications you may require.
The NextAgency settings module enables you to set preferences, create workflows and checklists, customize your NextAgency experience and much more. To help you find settings more quickly, we present the attached directory. This PDF has two pages. The first sorts the settings alphabetically; the second by the tab in the Settings module.
From the Library tab in the navigation bar, you can access a library of all uploaded files and documents that are relevant to your agency.
To upload an external file from your computer:
- In the upper-left corner of the Agency Library page, click Add Files > From Desktop.
- In the dialog that opens, click Select Files and choose one or several files that you want to add to the library or just drag and drop the files to the specified area.
- Click Upload.
- Wait until the progress bar is complete, and then click Close. The file(s) will appear on the top of the list.
To add an internal file from NextAgency:
- Under the File Library header, click Add Files > From NextAgency.
- In the dialog that opens, click From NextAgency.
- In the pane on the left, choose one or several files that you want to add to the library. They will appear in the pane on the right, under Selected Files.
- When ready, click Add.
- Click Save. The file(s) will appear on the top of the list.
By default, the files are added to the main folder. However, you can create your own subfolders to organize the files:
- In the upper-left corner of the Agency Library page, click Create Folder.
- In the dialog that opens, enter the name of the subfolder.
- Click Create. The folder will appear at the top of the list.
- To add files to the folder, just click its name in the list, and then click Add Files.
File and Folder Actions
The following actions are available for files and folders:
- Move Up/Down: You can arrange the files and folders the way you'd like by using the Move Up and Move Down menu items.
- Share: To share a folder with all users in your agency, click Actions > Share, and then confirm the action by clicking Yes.
- Edit/Rename: To rename a file or folder, click Actions > Edit, and then enter a new name for the folder or file in the dialog that appears.
- Download: This action is available only for files. Click Actions > Download to save a file to your computer. To download multiple files as a ZIP archive, select those files, click the Multiple Actions button that appears after the selection, and then choose Download.
- Create Link: This action is available only for files. NextAgency makes it possible to generate shareable file links for others to click and download from.
- Click Actions > Create Link.
- In the dialog that opens, click Create a link.
- Click Copy link.
- To access all links, click View Public Links.
To search for a specific file, type its name or prefix in the search field above the files list, and then press Enter.
You can also move files between folders. You can either drag a file record to the folder or select one or several files, click the Multiple Actions button that appears after the selection, and then choose Move.
In the window that appears, select the folder where you are going to move the file(s) and click Move.
You can also place the folders inside other folders by simply clicking and dragging one folder into another folder.
To open the Carrier settings in NextAgency, click Settings in the navigation bar, and then click the Carrier Settings tab.
Now let's explore each subtab of Carrier settings.
On this page, you can manage the carrier credentials, i.e. login information about the broker or agent, which is stored in NextAgency. You can also add your carrier login information for all carriers that have been added to your agency portal.
You can do the following:
- Add new credentials.
- Filter the credentials according to state or user.
- Preview information about the credentials.
- Edit information about the credentials.
- Delete information about the credentials.
You can use this page to manage Product Types, allowing you to add, view, or edit them. To create a new Product Type, just click on the 'Add Product Type' button.
The NextAgency settings module enables you to set preferences, create workflows and checklists, customize your NextAgency experience, and much more. On August 15th we reorganized this module to make it more organized and intuitive. We renamed some sections and added a few, too. We moved some tools from one section to another where appropriate. Our aim in all this was to make the settings module even easier to use.
To help you find settings quickly, we present the attached directory. This PDF has three pages. The first sorts the settings alphabetically. The second page sorts the settings by where they were. The third by where they are now.
Selecting this tab will direct you to the Settings Directory page.
This article will give you a basic overview of the NextAgency platform.
Once you've logged into the application, you will see each page is made up of the header (top), navigation menu (left), and the main content section.
In this section, you'll find access to latest agency notifications, a global search field, announcements (recent updates to the application), text messages, help, user profile, and agency settings.
The navigation sidebar provides access to the following:
- Fast Access
- Most Recent
- Form Responses
Let’s explore these features one by one.
The dashboard in NextAgency offers a highly flexible and tailored experience. It accomplishes this by employing an array of "tiles," each of which corresponds to distinct datasets within the NextAgency platform. These tiles can be handpicked to cater to the unique requirements and priorities of your agency and business. This adaptability ensures that you can effortlessly fine-tune your dashboard to showcase the most pertinent information for your daily operations.
This is where you'll manage your agency's case records. Clients/prospects, policies, and all of the related data will be contained or linked within these cases. The initial view for this page, by default, displays all cases. You may also choose to display a listing of all policies, rather than cases. NextAgency provides many options for sorting, filtering, searching, and viewing your data.
Filters & Search
There are many options for filtering, sorting, and viewing your cases and policies:
- Sales Status: Filter based on the current sales status. (Sales Status' are customizable from within your Agency settings.)
- Market Segment: Display records for specific market segments.
- Search: Find a record by typing in a partial or complete name.
If you click on "Filters", on the top right of the Cases/Policies page, you will find even more options to filter your results. Frequently used filters can be saved for later use.
Adding New Cases
To add a new case record, click the New button next to the Import button and fill in the necessary data. The fields that are shown will depend on the market segment selected. Individual cases will have different fields than Group cases. Custom fields may also be defined from your Agency settings menu.
Importing Cases (Bulk)
To save time on adding each case record manually, you can bulk import an Excel spreadsheet with the case record details. To do this, click the Import button next to the search box and follow the instructions.
Viewing and editing a Specific Case
Once you've opened a case, you'll be presented with the details for that case. Multiple tabs across the top of the case record help to organize the various types of related data. The available tabs and data will depend on whether the Case is defined as an Individual or Group market segment. Now let's take a look at each of these tabs.
- Summary (All Market Segments) - Snapshot of the case record, including detail from each of the tabs, as well as Broker of Record and Team members that are assigned.
- Contacts (All Market Segments) - Contacts associated with a case. "Primary" contact will be shown with the blue (P) icon, and this contact will also be listed on the summary page. New contacts can be added here, and existing contacts in NextAgency can be associated with this case.
- Benefits (All Market Segments) - Policies (benefits), including Current, Past, and Future. Add new and modify existing benefits.
- Tasks (All Market Segments) - Create and modify tasks (action items) related to this policy. Tasks can be assigned to NextAgency users. Due dates and reminder notifications can also be defined.
- Notes (All Market Segments) - View and create notes related to this case. Notes can be assigned to NextAgency users. Important notes can also be "Pinned to Summary", so they show up on the Summary page of the Case record.
- Files (All Market Segments) - Attach files to the case. These could be completed insurance applications and other related documents. Folder structures can be used to help organize if needed.
- Dependents (Individual Market Segment Only) - Manage an individual's dependents. Existing individuals can be added as dependents or new dependents can be created.
- Census (Group Market Segment Only) - Manage Census data for a Small or Large Group case.
- Employees (Group Market Segment Only) - Add, edit, or remove employees associated with a Small or Large Group case.
- Sales (All Market Segments) - Manage quotes, proposals, and enrollment kits.
- Commissions (All Market Segments) - Edit, create, or import commission statements. Define commission splits, per policy/Carrier. NOTE: Commissions module is billed separately from the Core NextAgency product subscription.
- Calls (All Market Segments) - Add and edit Calls to include uploading the recording or linking the recording for each of your cases. You can also create Tasks and Notes associated with each call.
- NextMail (All Market Segments) - If you've chosen to sync your email account with NextAgency, the NextMail tab will display communications related to the case, including emails sent to or from contacts defined within the case.
- Emails (All Market Segments)- Emails assigned to cases from within the Outlook add-on are displayed in the Email tab of case records. By default, this tab is hidden. To display the tab, go to Settings > Agency Settings > Preferences. Click on the Personal sub-tab and then toggle on the 'Need Emails tab in Cases' option. Click the 'Save' button.
All the attached Outlook emails can be viewed from the 'Emails' tab.
- NextText (All Market Segments) - If you've chosen to use NextText, all communication via SMS that you have had with the client will be displayed here, including the contact details, date and time stamps, and of course messages. You are also able to send messages to your contact via SMS here as well.
- Activities (All Market Segments) - Log of activities related to the case.
In this section, you'll find all of your contacts within NextAgency. This includes contacts that have been created within a case, within this Contacts page, and/or imported from an Excel spreadsheet. You may also choose to include contacts that have been synced from your NextMail email (if applicable).
The Library is your agency's file repository. It contains all files that have been uploaded into NextAgency. You may create a folder structure to organize your files. The Library is where an agency would typically store blank applications and documents, whereas, Case specific (completed) applications and documents would be stored within a Case record.
The Reports allows you to create reports for many different data sets. Most fields within NextAgency can be used to generate reports, including your agency's custom fields. Any reports that have been saved will be listed here, under the appropriate report category. To generate a new report for a template that has already been saved, select the category, find the report, and within the Actions menu, select "Run".
To create a new report, select the category of the report, and click "Create". You'll be taken to a screen where you can select the fields that are relevant for that type of report. Select the fields you'd like to be included. If you'd like to save the report for future use, select "Save As Template".
Once you are ready to generate the report, click "Run".
The NextMail page gives you access to NextAgency's mail client, if you've chosen to utilize this integration. For more information, see NextAgency: NextMail.
The "Partners" dropdown menu grants you access to the information regarding Carriers, General Agents, and Vendors that have been entered into your agency's database.
The Fast Access menu gives you quick access to many features within NextAgency.
The Most Recent menu provides quick access to the most recent cases you've visited, sorted by Individual and Group cases.
The Directory page contains a list with records of all agency brokers and their details.
The Tickets page contains all tickets that have been created by your Agency. Tickets are typically used for tracking and assignment of an agency's internal actions.
The Timeline page provides you with several options for viewing all tasks, tickets, and notes that you or other users have created within NextAgency. This feature is useful to help your Agency manage and organize your work. Current options for viewing include:
- Today and Future
- This Week
- Next Week
- Prior to Today
It is also possible to add filters, sort the records to view only their specific types, as well as export and add new tasks and tickets.
On the Settings page, you can manage information that is relevant to your NextAgency account and access the most important functionalities of NextAgency with just a couple of clicks. For a more comprehensive understanding of all the available setting options, you can explore the detailed information provided on this page.
This is where you'll find all the automated form responses originating from web widgets or Zapier integrations.
If you find yourself with any questions or in need of support, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.
In NextAgency, you can organize your prospect and client cases by using tags. To manage tags, follow these steps:
- In the upper-right corner of any NextAgency page, click your profile icon and choose Settings.
- On the Settings page that opens, go to the Configuration Settings tab.
- Go to the Tags subtab.
On the Tags page, you can see a list of all tags that have been created in NextAgency, with their names, descriptions, and available actions.
Adding a Tag
To add a new tag, follow these steps:
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Add Tag.
- On the Add New Tag page that opens, enter a name and description of the tag.
- Click Save.
The following tag management options are available in the tags list:
- Tags required for new case: Set this slider in the upper-right corner of the page to either Yes or No in order to specify whether you would like to make tags mandatory for each new prospect/client case.
- Editing the tags: Click Actions > Edit.
- Assigning the tags: Click Actions > Assign to Case(s). In the popup that opens, select the prospect or client case(s) to which you are going to assign the tag, and then click Save.
- Deleting the tags: Click Actions > Delete.
Viewing the Assigned Tags
You can view the assigned tags at the bottom of the Summary page of the Prospect/Client card under Tags. From here you can also open the Manage Tags page and assign more tags.
Filtering the Cases by Tags
You can also use tags in quick filters to populate results in your CRM based on a certain tag. To do it, follow these steps:
- In the upper-right corner of the home page, expand the Quick Filters pane.
- Expand the Details pane.
- Click the Tags field and select the required tag(s) from the dropdown.
As a result, the list will show only the cases that have the specified tags assigned to them.
In NextAgency, you can add custom fields for Cases, Benefits, Contacts, Commissions, Sub Agents, Tasks/Tickets, and Notes. To add a custom field, follow these steps:
- In the upper-right corner of any NextAgency page, click your profile icon and choose Settings.
- On the Settings page that opens, go to the Configuration Settings tab.
- Go to the Custom Fields sub-tab on the left.
On the Custom Fields page, you can see a list of all custom fields that have been created in NextAgency, with their numbers, labels, and field types. You can also see the other tabs like Benefit, Contact, Commission, Sub Agent, Task/Ticket, and Notes.
To add a new custom field on any tab, follow these steps:
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Add Custom Field.
- In the Add Custom Field wizard that opens, enter the name of the field label, i.e. the name of the field that will be shown in the user interface, and then click Next.
- Select the format of the custom field:
- Custom Text: A text field where you can enter freely whatever data you would like to.
- Date: A calendar where you can choose a date.
- Dropdown: A dropdown that allows you to choose between several options. If you select Dropdown, an additional field will appear where you should enter the labels of the dropdown options.
After you click Save, the custom field record will appear at the bottom of the list.
Viewing the Custom Fields
You can view the custom fields at the bottom of the Summary page of the Prospect/Client card under Custom Fields. From here you can also open the Custom Fields page and create more custom fields.
Filtering the Cases by Custom Fields
You can also use custom fields in quick filters to populate results in your CRM based on a certain custom field. To do it, follow these steps:
- In the upper-right corner of the home page, expand the Quick Filters pane.
- Expand the Custom pane.
- Specify the data in the custom field(s) to filter the results.
- As a result, the list will show only the cases that have the data which you have specified in the custom field(s).