In NextAgency, case records can be managed individually (manually), or in bulk, by importing an Excel spreadsheet. First, we'll review the manual method.
Creating a New Case
To add a new case record to NextAgency, do the following:
- In the upper-right corner of the dashboard, click New.
- In the Sales Status section, select the sales status of the record that you are adding. Sales Status values are customizable from the Sales Settings page.
- In the Market Segment section, select the type of the case - individual, small group, or large group.
- Available fields within a case depend on your selection under Market Segment. For all market segments, the following fields require values:
- Sales Status
- Broker of Record
- In the Lead Management section, specify the confidence score and estimated revenue.
- In the Address section, specify the physical and mailing addresses of the prospect or client.
- When ready, click Save & Continue.
Your case record is ready and will open with the Summary tab. Fill in the relevant info on all other tabs. For more information, see NextAgency: Client/Prospect Card.
Edit an Existing Case
To edit a case record, navigate to Cases/Policies, find the Case you'd like to modify, click Action > Details in that row.
The case record will be opened. On the Summary tab, in the Details section, you'll find an Edit button in the top right corner. Click to modify the case details.
For more information about how you can edit a case record, see NextAgency: Client/Prospect Card.
Delete an Existing Case
To delete a case record, you'll first need to Archive it. Perform the following:
- Click Actions > Archive next to the record that you are going to delete.
- In the confirmation dialog that appears, click OK.
- In the upper-right corner above the cases table, expand the Quick Filters pane.
- In the General section, select the Archived checkbox. As a result, the cases table will be instantly filtered to view only the archived cases.
- Now locate the record that you are going to delete and click Action > Delete. The Delete action is available only for the archived cases.
- In the confirmation dialog that appears, click Confirm. Please note that the deletion cannot be undone.
Bulk Case Imports (Add New or Update Existing)
When you need to add or update multiple cases, it may be easier to use an Excel spreadsheet. To import the case records from an Excel spreadsheet, do the following:
- In the upper-right corner of the Cases/Policies page, click Import.
- Select New if you'd like to create new cases, or Existing to update one or more fields within existing Case records.
- Select Using Spreadsheet.
- Select the Input Type, which will define the market segment you'd like to import. Note: Individual and Group market segments have different fields, thus must be imported separately. Import templates are provided for each market segment, if needed.
- Download the import template and fill it in with your data.
- Drag your spreadsheet to the specified area or click to select the file from your computer.
- Click Map Headers.
- This is where we'll map the data from your Excel spreadsheet, to fields within NextAgency. For any fields (columns) in the spreadsheet that you'd like to be included, you'll need to select the proper field under System Headers. A preview of the data from your spreadsheet is shown. If your sheet includes data that is not needed for the import, you can select Ignore for those headers.
- After successful validation, click Import File.